Who We Support
The Canadian Women's Foundation
Funds raised from CPC Elevate's Worldwide WOW Photo Exposition support The Canadian Women's. You don't need to be told that 1 in 7 women live in poverty – likely you know that already. You don’t need to be told that women fall into poverty for reasons that could happen to any us; illness, divorce, violence, immigration, or job loss.
But you should know this – just $2500 will set in motion one woman's journey out of poverty and towards financial independence.
Welcome to Women Moving Women, a national movement created by the Canadian Women’s Foundation to change the face of poverty in Canada. The premise is simple: 2500 women (and men!) donating $2500 to move 2500 women out of poverty.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation (CWF) is Canada’s only national public foundation dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls.
CWF raises money to fund, research and share the best approaches to:
- Ending violence against women
- Moving low-income women out of poverty
- And empowering girls with confidence, courage and critical thinking skills
Ranked as one of the ten largest women's foundations in the world, the Canadian Women’s Foundation has supported over 1000 programs across Canada since 1991.
Children’s Cottage Society
The Children’s Cottage Society has been operating in Calgary and helping families stay strong. They offer crisis care, respite and family support services to families and their children free of charge. They believe asking for help is a sign of strength and encourage all families to reach out to them when they have nowhere else to turn.
Since opening its doors in 1986 as a Crisis Nursery only, the Cottage has developed into a multi-service facility. Today, the Society offers four unique programs to the community including:
- Crisis Nursery – a 24 hour, 365 day per year emergency care shelter for children. They are a safe haven for children during times of family crisis. They offer emergency respite care for children (0 - 8 years of age), for up to 72 hours. Between two locations they offer up to 18 spaces, free of charge.
- Community Respite Program – Their Community Respite Programs offer a range of respite and crisis child care options to families with children aged newborn to twelve.
- Healthy Families – The Healthy Families program offers parents of newborns the ability to build on their strengths through regular in-home visits.
- Brenda's House - Is a transitional shelter and re-housing program in the SW community of Killarney for families who are currently experiencing homelessness.